RCN — 10788 4074 RR0001
RELIEF SUPPORT WORKER - JOB POSTING
Position reports to program manager
The Relief Support Worker shall agree to any predetermined, scheduled shifts per week, and to be on call for emergency circumstances when the scheduled staff is not able to work.
- Participate in intake, assessment, exit and transition interviews
- Be professionally open and vulnerable with the resident
- Participate in all meetings with other agencies and support services as directed by the Executive Director and/or Program Manager
- Use the Communication Log and other interactions to share information to other staff
- Provide supervision/guidance/assistance to residents as they perform daily life skills and parenting responsibilities
- Provide guidance to resident regarding arranging appointments/meetings/volunteer activities as necessary
- Advocate for and support the resident in all aspects of successful living
- Advise and guide the resident through a collaborative alliance
- Provide spiritual and relational guidance
- Maintain detailed files on all aspects of resident progress
- During staff meetings, compile Team Notes on resident, and share the feedback collected with resident
- Work closely and collaboratively with Program Manager, sharing information and taking direction
- Continue to develop skills and attitudes to provide non-coercive empowering support
- Build positive helpful relationships with other Relief Support Workers, Client Support Workers, Night Support Worker, students, volunteers and residents
- Attend all staff meetings
- Work collaboratively with all other staff and outside professionals
- Build positive relationships with all residents
- Provide support and supervision as required for other residents
- Assist with child care and resident support activities
- Ensure that the residents are not left unattended in the Home
- Report any significant happenings or issues to the Program Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Child & Youth Worker Diploma or
- Community Service Worker Diploma or
- Social Service Worker Diploma or
- Client Support Worker Diploma
This is a part-time position (32 hours per month). Additional hours may be offered to cover holiday schedules, as well as staff planned and unplanned absences. The normal work schedule is days 7:00-3:00, evenings 3:00-11:00, nights 11:00-7:00.
Note: The Program Manager will set the hours of work and work schedule as per operational requirements. Flexibility in scheduling is required.
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter, resume, and career application form.
Fresh Start Support Services - Careers
118 Centre Street, St. Thomas, Ontario N5R 2Z9
We thank all who apply; however, only successful candidates will be contacted to set up informational sessions and interviews for the available position.
Fresh Start Support Services will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.