VOLUNTEERS & DONATIONS
RCN — 10788 4074 RR0001
You can help us help our residents with each financial gift you give! All yearly donations totalling $20.00 or more receive a tax receipt. Donations are gladly received through mail, our monthly pre-authorized donation plan, or online through CanadaHelps.org!
Spending of funds is confined to FSMS-approved programs and projects. Each contribution directed towards an approved program or project will be used as restricted with the understanding that when the need for such a program or project has been met, or cannot be completed for any reason as determined by the board, the remaining restricted contributions will be used where most needed.
GIVE THE GIFT OF A FRESH START
When you give the gift of a Fresh Start, you will receive an honour card that can be given as gifts to show your loved ones how this contribution is making a difference, right here in St. Thomas! Think about it, request a catalogue, give a gift, and change a life!
Wherever your talent lies, God has a place for you at Fresh Start! Volunteer opportunities at Fresh Start include, babysitting, driving residents to/from appointments, repairs and maintenance, newsletter distribution, hair dressers, photographers, gardeners - the sky's the limit! If you're interested in helping us out, please call 519.637.7775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer positions available:
- Supervised by staff member on shift
- Care for infants and children as needed
- Change diapers, feed bottles and play with infants as instructed by their mother
- Dress appropriately to set a positive example for the residents in our home
- Communicate with staff member regarding any questions or concerns
- Be available 4 times yearly (February, May, August and November) to pick up newsletters at agreed upon location and deliver bundles to all churches on your list
- Newsletters must be delivered within 10 days of being in your possession, if not able, you must contact Lori or Lisa to make alternate arrangements
- Represent Fresh Start well to the churches, being polite, appreciative and professional at all times during interactions with each church
- May occasionally be asked to deliver other items (posters, baby bottles etc.)
- Supervised by Anna Gohm and Marj Steenbergen
- Be available for us to call if we have work to be done on the house
- Must respond promptly as to whether or not you are able to help us with the particular task at hand
- Complete the project as instructed or communicate with Anna or Marj as to the reason why you can't and any next steps that will need to take place.
- Supervised by Anna Gohm
- Clean apartments thoroughly in between residents moving in and out
- Be available for the time and dates pre-arranged depending on the event
- Represent Fresh Start well by being polite, appreciative and professional to all donors
- Direct questions about the ministry to Executive Director
- Perform the tasks assigned before the deadlines provided
Please contact us at 519-637-7775 ext 1 or at email@example.com for more information or to apply
We are so thankful for the many donations we have received, our care closet is bursting at the seams and we are well stocked up on everything a baby and mom could ever need!
If there is something we run our of, we will update our wishlist, which you can find in the newsletter.
Thank you so much for your generosity.